Saturday, March 28, 2009

The quilt of life..

Most days I cruise life, taking care of business while enjoying myself (most days) not really thinking about the big picture that is my life. Recently I have thought of my life as a quilt and my day-to-day memories as being the squares in my life. Take this past week for example:

Last weekend Jay and I drove to Crystal River to visit Jessica and Michael. It was such a great day! We really miss them. In the year and a half that they lived in Gville we grew close. We haven't seen each other in like a month, but we easily fell into conversations and Xbox games as if we just saw them yesterday. The day completely got away from us and before we knew it, the clock read 8 pm and we still had an hour drive home. As we back down their 45 degree driveway we were sad but already planning our next trip to CR to see them. Good friends do not grow on trees, but we have been blessed to have a handful of them come into our lives in the past year and are so thankful.

Thursday night we had our second meeting of our book club. Just like the first one we had a BLAST. We had four absent members, but we made do. The meeting was 5 hours long, involved 4 bottles of wine and some daiquaris, and even what seemed like thearpy. We talked about the book a lot and about our families and lives even more. Its those moments in your life when you kinda step out of the frame and go - wow, I am so lucky to have my life!

Last night Laura's family came into town - even Tommi!! It was super exciting to see Tommi outside of a computer screen. Last July Tommi left to serve his required duty in the Finnish Military. There have been hard times for him and for Laura, and it is so nice to be able to see him, hug him, and also see how happy their family is to have him back. I could not imagine having my brother that far away and not being able to talk to him all the time. Makes you realize that family extends outside of bloodlines. I consider Laura extended family, so of course if she is missing a piece of hers, I feel for her.

Also last night Deb's son, Danny, also known as D.P. had a CD release party for his new rap albulm and she invited us. So at midnight (yes midnight!!) we found ourselves in this bar, 1982, not knowing what to expect from the show. Deb was SUPER excited to see us and have us on the dance floor with her. The show was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Brandy and I had so many laughs at the expense of some of the Rhytmless Nation jammin' out in front of us, we all wondered how he could rap some of those lyrics in front of his mom, and I stood there in awe of how great he was and that, in a way, I knew him! At the end of the night Deb kept saying over and over again how much it meant for us to be there. It made me think about how important it really is to support the people you love in the things that they love. To celebrate with others is so exciting, and you really hope when you have something to celebrate they are there for you as well.

All in all, it has been a kinda eventful week! Let's see what else is coming my way! :)

Hugs and Lipgloss kisses!
xoxoxo

No comments: