Monday, June 13, 2011

Insanity Day 1

So....

While in Jupiter for Memorial Day weekend (and PJ's Baby shower) a challenge was hatched..

I dunno if it was the total zen we were feeling after the fantastic massages we got or the relaxing day on Peanut Island,but we (including Jay,my SIL, MIL, FIL) all decided to essentially do a two month version of Biggest Loser.

We weighed in with our partner, wrote down our weights, and sealed them in an envelope to be opened the end of July. When we get to Steinhatchee for scalloping the end of July we will reweigh - on the same scale - and see who lost the largest percentage.

Enter INSANITY!!

We did P90X last summer, and boy was it an experience. Although I did see results, I wanted to try something different and that is a little shorter in time...so we started Insanity today.

Today we did the Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Yeah, the series is named appropriately. Half way through I was grunting and crying out right along with the people on TV. Like Plyo in P90x, I had to modify many of the excercises because of my knee, but I tried my best to keep my heart rate up. Jay and I were both sweating like pigs and ready to fall over by the end of it, but we finished it and that was truly the goal for the day...

No comments: