Monday, June 27, 2011

Insanity Week 1 & Baby steps to running...

So...a week has gone by since we started Insanity and HOLY CRAP!! Insanity is no joke!! It is killer...many days I find myself asking "really?!?" while doing the most insane (hence the name) movements that I have ever attempted. It's been interesting, but I am definitely sleeping better but am always hungry it seems like.

We have also decided to run the Everest Challenge Disney 5K at Animal Kingdom next May. My mom is even going to try to do it with us! We attempted C25K last summer, but it kinda fizzled out. To motivate us more, we decided to "monetarily commit" to running. So, we both bought Nike Free Runs and Nike + sensors. Granted I am a novice when it comes to running, but I LOVE my Free Runs!! They are so incredibly light and comfy. The sensor has me addicted to running - like seriously addicted. I am competitive with myself - I keep trying to be my distance and the amount of time I run vs. walking. I am only three days into seriously running and am already seeing changes.

Last summer we really kept up with P90X, but fell off of the wagon once school/football season started. It is my goal to NOT do that again this year, but I guess we will have to stay tuned to see what happens...

xoxo

No comments: